People don’t like her because it’s the making of her, right now. When she, sometime soon in the future, becomes this person that she’s been kind of building up to, for the past three seasons, now four, then people will really begin to root for her. I think even the audience doesn’t realize she’s such a dark horse. If she acted badass and tried to kill everyone there, she would be dead by now! She’s so intelligent, and I can’t stress that enough. Courtesy is a lady’s armor. She’s using her courtesy to deceive people, and she’s using her former self as a facade, and it works so much to her advantage, because people still think she’s this naive, vulnerable, little girl, and she’s really not. She knows exactly what she’s doing. She knows what game she’s playing! And no one else does. And she’s learned from the best — Cersei, Margaery, Tyrion, Littlefinger, even Joffrey. She’s learned so much from these people, and they don’t even realize it. They’re unwittingly feeding her to become this great kind of manipulator. King’s Landing can either make or break a person, and in Sansa’s case, it’s making her.
things to remember about animorphs:
- two of the main cast are poc. the alien in his human form is a poc as well.
- the traditionally feminine, concerned-with-looks character, who spends her free time shopping and who has perfect blonde hair and who follows fashion trends, is also the team’s main combat powerhouse and is generally ferocious and terrifying in combat and a Soldier more than anyone else in the team. these things do not negate each other
- the other female character is the kind and gentle one but also strong as fuck and the most talented at the animorph’s Main Skill
- there are love plots, but they are understated and affect the characters without defining them. they are also, in one case, fucking tragic
- realistic portrayals of ptsd and general trauma
- varied family compositions and firm calling out of families that emotionally abuse children
- characters are not portrayed as single handedly able to save mankind, they are just trying to hold out so that the cavalry can arrive
- it is all available free, online, right fucking now
LITERALLY EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ ANIMORPHS.
no but kids from pureblood families going through embarrassing weaboo phases except they become obsessed with muggle pop culture
5th years carrying around pink razr phones from 2004 and awkwardly inserting “text speak” into daily conversations
11 year olds carrying plush carebears backpacks into transfiguration
everyone of them using outdated muggle slang incorrectly, making all of the muggleborns wince in pain
that is so fucking cute and hilarious